Job Title: Thai Massage Therapist
Occupation Code: 3219
Basic guaranteed salary offered: £26,000 (NHS Band 4)
- Our therapists must be customer service oriented and be able to communicate effectively with clients, management, and co-workers. We also expect our therapists to be professional, reliable, and confident.
- Your experience must include an ability to manipulate and massage the body with working knowledge of the anatomical regions. Your understanding of the benefits of massage and client well-being should extend to knowing the causes of pain, and how to relieve discomfort, restore function and mobility.
- Your approach should be holistic, assessing the overall health of the client, and treat them accordingly.
- Consulting with customers to assess their massage needs and preferences and adjusting techniques to meet their individual needs.
- Guiding customers through the service offering, helping them to choose what type of massage would be most appropriate for them.
- Informing the customers about the benefits of Thai Massage Therapy.
- Informing the customers about available Thai Massage treatments and providing advice as to which treatments may be the most beneficial to them.
- Performing therapeutic massages, manipulating, twisting and stretching specific areas of the body.
- Prepare and blend oils and apply to customer skin.
- Communicating with customers in order to ask question regarding their health before agreeing treatment.
- Providing customers with advice about things like posture and relaxation techniques.
- Communicating with customers to schedule appointment and sessions.
- A professional and welcoming attitude, putting the needs of the customers first.
- Having active and up to date knowledge of customer requirement and competitors.
- To promptly respond to customer’s queries to maximise profitability and reputation of the company.
- To attend all staff meetings as scheduled.
- Training and other professional qualifications in Thai Massage required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Thai Massage
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- A good understand of health and safety and risk assessment
- Attention to details